Of course we all know that chocolate, alcohol, grapes, mouldy foods, certain nuts etc etc can be poisonous to our dogs.
But we forget about a certain pie this time of year , packed with potentially fatal ingredients if eaten by dogs……Mince Pies!!!
These little pies stuffed with grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure in a sensitive dog. To a dog with underlying health problems, just one raisin can be severely toxic. Experts agree that there are no ‘safe’ doses of grapes, raisins and currants.
So please remember to keep the mince pies well out of reach from your canine friend.