Spring….A beautiful time of year. The evenings are getting longer and the weather is starting to get warmer. Because of this we are our in our gardens more, enjoying the sight of the wonderful spring flowers – maybe.
But be aware!!
Did you know that Daffodils are poisonous to dogs??
Not all of the bulb is toxic, but apparently it only takes 15g of the most dangerous part of the bulb to kill a medium size dog.
And it’s not just the Daffs ….Snow drops, tulips, and Lily of the Valley can all be fatal to your dog if eaten.
Avoidance is always the best strategy, but if you should notice your dog may have ingested part/ all of a spring bulb, possibly while digging around in the garden, seek veterinary attention straight away.
Chewing on the leaves/ flowers of the daffodil plant will not be fatal to your dog, however, it will make them VERY ill and veterinary attention is needed as soon as possible.