Warm weather Tips.
1) Never leave dogs alone in cars, caravans/tents or conservatories.
When it’s 22degrees centigrade outside, a car can reach 47 degrees centigrade within 60 minutes!!!!
2) Dogs can also get sun burn….especially those with pale noses and ears.
Purchase some Pet Safe sun screen from your veterinary practice.
3) Carry water with you on long journeys in the car and take regular stops to offer your dog a drink.
4) When travelling in the car be aware of where the sun is…your dog must be always be able to move out of it into a shadier area.
5) Groom your dog regularly to get rid of excess hair, if you own a long coated dog might he/ she benefit from a hair cut at the start of the sumner ?
6) Never allow your dog to exercises excessively in the hottest part of the day…..dogs can over heat and collapse / die.
7) If you do have to pop into a shop to pick up some provisions……think SHADE….VENTILATION….and TIME.